CAUTION: DO NOT CUT WIRES TO TRIGGERS-YOU WILL BE REUSING THESE
Before installing your stator, please refer to the generic stator installation instructions and then follow these instructions :
Cut the 6 wires between the stator and the grommet closest to the stator.
- You will be left with the harness and triggers - keep these parts to use on the new stator.
- Remove the terminals from the connector with 2 leads ( blue and white wires). Note their positions in shell, then remover these wires from harness.
Remove the terminals from the connector with 3 leads (yellow or black wires) and remove these wires from harness.
- If terminals and connector are reusable for the 8 position connector, then remove green lead only. Note position in shell, if a new 8 position connector is to be used make sure the leads are returned to their respective position.
- Feed three black wires and blue, white and green wires (from the new stator) through the stock grommet(s) and sheating.
See diagram for correct distance between stator and grommet.
- Trim and strip leads as necessary.
- Terminate 6 wires. (Be sure wires are in proper positions per diagram).
- Re-tape harness